HDM 2011 Suite SP1

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Got a email this morning about a 30% off offer on HDM 2011 Suite SP1. A note states "Build of HDM 2011 Suite SP1 is 11746".

I purchase HDM11S with a similiar offer a few months back. I "assume" the one should get free updates for "some" period of time. I go to my account and download what's there. It's different than what I orginally purchased but the file name shows version 10.0.17.13146. I downloaded and tried to install but it said that I have to uninstall my old version which I didn't do yet.

I remember someone else asking about builds vs versions. I'm a but confused about that myself. Any comments?

Maybe Paragon isn't offering the SP1 update as a free update which would be a bummer?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You have to remove old version/build in order to install new one. What was the download listed under (although I think the sp1 update is for free)

3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

It was under HDM 2011 Suite or my purchase. The "SP1" isn't mentioned.

Even at the Paragon site page for HDM 2011 Suite, it doesn't say SP1 either.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

sounds like a free update

5. wptski

wptski Registered Member

What about the SP1 build number compared to version number?

6. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I installed it and it is the new version. I had to uninstall the old one, and it even gave me a new icon. A red beautiful icon instead the regular yellow icon.

7. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

SP1 is 11746 vs 10.0.17.13146

8. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Okay, I installed the new version and under components, they are listed as: version 10.0, release 17, build 13146 but I still don't see any build 11746 that was noted in the email for SP1. Unless they use the first digit from the version, two digits from the release and the last two digits from the build? If so, why make it so confusing?

Ha! You beat me to answer! Well, I figured it out too.

9. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I wonder what it fixed or added??

10. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Perhaps "SP1" refers to compatibility with Windows 7 SP1. I read somewhere that in 7 SP1 there are some changes in disk management, specifically that it is "optimized" for working with AFD disks, and not just "aware" of them, as Windows 7 is.

11. wptski

wptski Registered Member

SP1 is my current problem as I can't install it!:'(

12. wptski

wptski Registered Member

The progress window while making a backup is really different. Nomore moving wheels/gears or two progress bars. Nomore option to see transfer rates and amounts. Unless there's a option to turn that on?

It does work as I restored a HD image created with it today and it worked just fine.

13. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I created an image using a WinPE USB key. The interfaces are indeed different and simpler, but there is less information about the process. Not even the time used to create the image. Also, I changed the time zone in the Options to my local zone, but still the time stamped in the image is wrong. It is neither the local time nor the UTC time.

14. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Yes, I noticed that also when I tried to boot the WinPE disc, since I had created two images today, I wrote down the number in the file name so I'd recover the right one.

I still have a support ticket in about USB 3.0 speeds in WinPE. After they sent me a screen capture and camera picture of their results, I sent mine which was the last I heard from them. Maybe this was a fix, one nolonger knows what the transfer rate is!:mad:

The correct comment is shown for a archive in WinPE, so maybe the current date/time should be entered there.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  15. wptski

wptski Registered Member

My support ticket had remained open about slow transfer rate speeds using USB 3.0 and the WinPE recovery disc compared to under W7. I received a msg asking if I had tried this latest build. I've been using it but never compared the speeds since and sort-of gave up on the issue.

I tried it and WinPE was actually one minute faster than under W7. Whatever it was, Paragon finally fixed the problem. I think that they didn't believe me till I supplied the screen capture and pictures of the tranfer rates which by the way have been removed from this build.

Another factor is that at that time I was using W7 and now I'm now with the SP1 update installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.