HDM 2010 ?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by wilsec, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilsec

wilsec Registered Member

Hi,

When will the new Hard Disk Manager 2010 Suite be available?

We recently bought the 2009 version, which included an upgrade to the 2010 version. I'm hoping that the new one is a little bit less picky when handling USB hard disks.

I can't find any info or news section on the Paragon website.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

End of February or early March, 2010.

3. wilsec

wilsec Registered Member

Thanks. My hopes for February then :)

4. trial_and_error

trial_and_error Registered Member

The German release for HDM (there called "Festplattenmanager") was released March 1st., since yesterday I see the HDM 2010 Suite and Professional release on the US site, too.

The price seems to be lowered from 129,95 to 99,95 USD for the 2010 HDM Professional edition. Just the opposite happened in Germany, the price was increased from 69,95 to 79,95 Euros.

There's some strange thing that casts a damning light on Paragon from my point of view. Since HDM 2008 there were different names for the HDM releases in the Germany, more precisely:

HDM 2008 and 2009 "Kompakt" was the German name for the software known in the US as "Suite".
    HDM 2008 and 2009 "Suite" (German) was the bundle known in the US as HDM "Professional".

With the 2010 release they decided to use the same name conventions as in the US and as it was up to HDM 8.x (German and US bundles had the same name).

There was an offer IIRC at the beginning of January 2010 for all owners of an earlier release to buy the German 2009 Suite (= US Professional) and a free update to 2010 Suite with full WIN 7 support worth 69,95 Euros.

Do you remember? The 2010 "Suite" in Germany is not any longer the larger but the smaller bundle, priced new (not update) only 39,95 Euros (49,95 USD). And was was offered as update? Not as expected the HDM 2010 "Professional", but just the smaller 2010 German "Suite" bundle. No problem, I thought, call Paragon and tell them about the problem. The answer was astonishingly for me: That would be alright as most customers wouldn't need the advanced functions of the larger "Professional" edition. But I should write, then they would change it for me to "Professional". Now I still wait for more than 3 days and nobody has had a look on the ticket up to now.

I'm a Paragon customer for nearly 10 years now, but something like that never happened to me up to now. This behavior is very disappointing and I would advice all German customers with the 2009 "Suite" + free upgrade to check which bundle of HDM 2010 is offered to them.

edit: just as I write these lines here there seems something to happen in "My Account". The ticket status has changed to "in work" and the "Suite" disappeared in my downloads, but the "Professional" is still not to see. I hope it will be coming up soon.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. Paragon_Tommy

Hello trial_and_error,

Can you contact us directly 1 888 347 5462 or email us at support@paragon-software.com Also feel free to send me a private message so we can resolve the discrepancy here.

6. trial_and_error

trial_and_error Registered Member

Hello Paragon_Tommy,

after nearly two weeks of no progress I called German support a second time and this time the supporter was - with reference to the existing ticket - able, to solve the case on the phone within some minutes.

In my account there is now the HDM 2010 Prof. license instead of the "Suite" and the issue is solved. Nevertheless thank you very much for your offer to assist.

7. Paragon_Tommy

I'm glad things were resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.