HDM 2010 -- Clone/Copy Issue?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by fpefpe, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fpefpe

fpefpe Registered Member

I am not sure what is happing here, but I recently upgraded to Hard Disk Manager 2011 Suite from the 2010 version because I was told that it supported Advanced Format (hard) Drives with the PAT option. With respect to the PAT, I was told that its “built-in” to the software and not a “stand-a-lone” programs/option.

I upgraded because I was moving my data from old disks to new ones and in this case the new disk is an AFD, so I wanted to ensure that the data was copied correctly, thus I did the upgrade.

Once I started the process, the duration indicator kept increasing in time to how long it would take to do the copy. I was copying about 900gb. At first it said 44 minutes – which I knew did not make any sense. Then it started to increase by hours, first 3 hours more, then 4, 5, and the last time I looked it was over 10 hours and by that time it was already running over 7 hours.

I let it run over night, and in the morning when I checked up on it, it already ran for about 14 hours and the indicator said it need 18 hours more. At that point I aborted the process.

I did this same copy with similar drives with the 2010 version and it took about 9 hours, copying about 100gb and hour. What when wrong here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.