HDM 2009 Bootable Media blank screen and lockup after install windows 7 ultimate

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by dudely, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudely

dudely Registered Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I have no idea why or what the issue is but before I installed windows 7 ultimate I was able to use the Hard Disk Manager 2009 Suite bootable CD to do backups of my computer system.

Now, I am not able to get through to the options menu to select the tool I want to use OR very very few times I am able to get through to select the Hard Disk Manager but then I get blank screen and the entire computer locks up. Caps Lock key doesn't work even.

The ONLY thing I did was install windows 7 ultimate on the computer. I made no other changes.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

I removed the restore partition on this computer and was happy just using the restore disc. Now, I can't use it and I need to do a backup of the hard disk. I did a backup of the disk before I installed windows 7 but now since the bootable media isn't working I can't even restore it if I needed to.

Any suggestions on what is going on?

For more information:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    6 GB Ram
    Intel Centrino 2 Quad Core
    500GB hard disk

I was using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.

The boot menu appears when the cd loads

I tried Normal Mode, Safe Mode, Low Graphics Mode and I get same results. Black screen with computer lockup and sometimes hard disk light stays on sometimes not.

I let it sit for a few hours just to see if it was just taking long time but no, the system was totally locked up. I can't get past the initial boot menu to get into the utilities OR if one of the few times it does get past and allows me to select a utility I choose Hard Disk Manager and then same thing happens, Black Screen and computer lock up.

Please help.
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Aug 10, 2009
    If you're booting from the recovery CD, and the system is locking up, it has nothing to do with your operating system, so I don't think upgrading to Windows 7 was the issue. However, if there were any new hardware introduced, it's possible there's a new conflict there. Else, check the partitions within Windows with HDM 2009 to see if they're error free.

If you can't launch HDM 2009 at all, I suggest downloading and installing Drive Backup 10 or Partition Manager 10 demo. Windows 7 is new ground for HDM 2009.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.