HDM 14 Question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by hhoyt, Oct 12, 2014.

1. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

Firstly, I could never get BMB to run right on my HP Pavilon 281. HD15 Recovery came right up -- and sooo much easier to install.
    ---
    Could someone give me a sanity check on this ?

Wife' m.b. blew so I pulled the sata h.d.

Bought Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 suite with idea I might be able to back the hard drive up with paragon to a usb drive, move the drive over to the new HP 281, and restore it.

Q: am I correct that adaptive restore is integrated in ? I do not need to do anything unusual ?

Thanks, Howie

2. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

Well, unfortunately using HDM 15 preview, I could not get my wifes' win7 hard drive to boot on the Pavilon 500-281 doing either straight backup/restore, 'adjust hard drive to boot on new hardware' or
    'boot corrector wizard'.
    The old pc was pre-uefi and the new is uefi. No clue whether that has anything to do with it but setting the bios to legacy makes no difference.

Howie

3. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

SOLVED
    Basically, problem caused by original drive being MBR and new PC being UEFI/GPT.
    Using HDM 15 preview, I converted the old drive to GPT/UEFI. I can now boot up using both the new HP hard drive (sata0) and hers as SATA1.
    Next problem is how to boot up her drive standalone ? I opened a new thread for that.

Tks, Howie

4. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

The answer was use Linux RMB not MS crapware BMB (my wording)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.