HDM 14 is slow in Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Robin A., Nov 20, 2013.

1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I tried HDM 14 in a Dell Windows 8.1 laptop, working from a WinPE 5.0. The operation is very slow.

It isn´t slow to create images, but when navigating the interfaces, and specially when a function is launched from the modern UI.

I created the WinPE ISO with Boot Media Builder and WADK for Windows 8.1, then "burned" the USB keys with Rufus.

When I use the same WinPE in an older computer (that has Windows 7 installed), HDM 14 works much faster.

Strange. This WINPE 5.0 (based on 8.1) with HDM 14, is slow in a recent computer that works well with 8.1, and fast in an older one which uses 7.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Ditto. The windows PE 5.0 x46 boot media runs a lot slower as compared to the previous version on the same computer running windows 8.1 x64. It took a lot longer to boot into the metro style interface. when launching a task, it also take a lot longer to do the task, for example takes much longer analyzing partition/disk etc, before the actual task starts. Feels not as smooth as in the previous version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.