HDM 14 cannot uninstall Recovery Media Builder

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Paul Nutt, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Paul Nutt

Paul Nutt Registered Member

As the title says. When I try to uninstall I see the progress bar roll back to the left and the InstallShield Wizard tells me it was interrupted before Recovery Media Builder could be completely installed. Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I also have had problems with Recovery Media Builder. First, I was unable not to uninstall, but to install it. After I solved this, I created a WinPE boot USB key. When I try to open the wizards for several functions, including Restore, Split Partition, P2P Adjust, the following error appears:

Operation failed - Could not load User Interface. Error source: Paragon Wizard Library. Error code: 0x200000a.

I used Windows 7 x64.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

I need a little information to work with please, are you guys using the boot media builder or the recovery media builder? The distinction is large on my side to make sure I'm testing the right product. Also, what are your system configurations? UEFI? AHCI? IDE? Are they basic MBR or GPT? What media are you creating to?

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

In my case: RECOVERY Media Builder. I built a WinPE boot USB key in a Windows 7 x64 system (BIOS+MBR, as expected).

The boot medium loads well, the error described (0x200000a) appears when using the HDM 14 interface, either from the "modern" screen or from the Full Scale Launcher.

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Thank you Robin, I will load up the recovery media builder on one of the Win 7x64 systems and see if I can replicate this error, in the meantime, could you possibly try to create it to another recovery media for me and try to boot the system, and let me know if that succeeds or fails. I want to rule out the USB drive as the possible issue.

6. Paul Nutt

Paul Nutt Registered Member

Can the hijacking thread be separated?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.