hdm 12 vss error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wrenn55, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrenn55

wrenn55 Registered Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Just upgraded to hdm 12 . I could not perform a backup as kept getting vss error 0x11112. Looked at services and made sure they were going and looked back on forum at other vss errors.

I needed to perform a backup so went back to previous version which performed flawlessly. I reinstalled version 12 and the vss errors came every time i tried to backup.

Anyone got ideas about this.

Did get a backup to work using paragon hot processing so but am still bewildered by those vss errors

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sep 6, 2009
    The new version has a completely different engine.

Not clear to me exactly what it does - but it works differently from earlier versions.

Any errors like that may be tricky to track until we know more about how it operates.

I have different error message from newer version of Paragon boot correct - it turns out Windows isn't flushing the ntfs journals properly - so there is a minor problem with one of my Windows installations. That would have gone completely unnoticed were it not for the Paragon signals.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.