hda: drive not ready for command

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by doof, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doof

doof Guest

I work at a computer company and we use acronis true image to restore image files onto clients computers that use linux. Anyways this one computer i'm booting it up and when it gets to the black "please wait while acronis loads screen" right before it would normally go to the main acronis menu it says "hda: drive not ready for command". Now its not the cd and its not the cd drive i'm using to load it on (external cd drive) because i've switched multiple discs to check if it was a bad disc and i even loaded another computer using the same external CD drive to check and that one worked fine so its something with the computer but I don't know what is bad about it... Anyone got any ideas? HD(s) are bad?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello doof,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please let us know what version and build number of Acronis True Image you have. If it is not the latest one please update it and create new Acronis Bootable CD using the latest version. Also please describe what exactly you are doing and what you want to do. This will allow to give you the appropriate advice.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Geekguy

Geekguy Registered Member

I had the same issue - it was resolved by making a SAFE level CD, rather than "full". Try that ?

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.