HD migration Raid 0 to single disk w HD Manager Suite 2008

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by oldtoolie, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldtoolie

oldtoolie Registered Member

HD migration Raid 0 to single disk w HD Manager Suite 2008

My son's Dell with XP has 2 x 250 HD in Raid 0.

I've cloned these onto a new 1 tb drive with HD Migration.

What do I need to do other than to pop it in and start it up.

I presume I need to open the BIOS setup and reset the controller to handle the single disk.

Any more advice on this?
    Thanks

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Oldtoolie,

In HDM, it should see your raid 0 as one volume, so when you backup and restore, it's as if it's from one single drive to another single drive as far as the program is concerned. Once you have a good backup of the raid 0, if you're restoring it to a new volume or new hard drive, you are correct that you have to setup the hard drive initially with the controller. Either you have to initialize the drive or setup such that it runs as a standalone drive.

Boot-up with a recovery CD, confirm the CD recognizes the new volume, and restore. If you encounter any BSOD in the initial reboot, it is because the backup is fixated on the old hardware setup. This is where you need the Adaptive Restore function that now comes standard with Drive Backup 10 and Hard Disk Manager.

Adaptive Restore, simply put, injects new drivers to an existing operating system and rebuilds the HAL.dll. In this case, you won't need to inject any new drivers but have to rebuild the HAL.

3. oldtoolie

oldtoolie Registered Member

Yes it installed with no problem. Recovery disk not needed as the startup setting looked for RAID and then for single disk.

Only problem was that I neglected to copy his latest chemistry homework.

So I had to write a letter to his teacher saying that Dad had eaten the homework.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Let me know if you need someone from Paragon as a reference for the teacher. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.