HD disappears

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RealRedHair, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealRedHair

RealRedHair Registered Member

Hello!

Have a strange problem. After installation of ATI 2009 and restart all seems fine. But after renewed restart Vista takes an hour to start and then my HD Data is missing! Even with diskmanager I can not find him.

Deinstalled ATI and now the HD is back again. Something goes wrong.

Made a support ticket with Acronis but it seems they are sleeping since 2-3 days; no reply.

Any suggestions. This is the latest build as downloaded at Acronis site.

2. RealRedHair

Also today no reply on my ticket to Acronis. Will send it again.:rolleyes:

3. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Acronis take up to 3 weeks or never to reply. Othertimes they will reply the same day. Dont send them the same query twice as it wont help.

What make and model is the harddisk that Acronis cant see? How is it formatted -NTFS,FAT32 Linux?

4. RealRedHair

So why buy it (legally) if you do not get support ....?

Have 4 HD's and the one from which I have installed ATI is missing afterwards. NTFS formated Samsung (same as one of the others).
    But the problem is not that ATI does not recognize the HD but Vista is missing the HD after installation of ATI!:oops:

5. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I dont use Vista so someone else will help you here.

Why do I use Acronis? - well it works 100% of the time on my hardware if I use manual full backups using the Boot Disk. I have successfully used it to restore over 20 times. I keep it simple. Automatic scheduling and Secure zones only complicate things and on my system are between 200% and 600% slower than using a boot disk. Here are typical times.

Maxtor 24-Nov-2008 FULL 35Gb 3:05 Hours from Windows
    Maxtor 25-Nov-2008 FULL 35GB 0:32 minutes Run from Boot DVD

Earlier versions of ATI allowed daily FULL automatic backups but ATI2009 build 9646 does not and according to Live Chat 10 minutes ago Acronis have no plans to reinstate this feature.

For the price of the software I can live with it until I find an application that does daily Full Automatic Backups that are automatically named differently each time. Before Acronis I was using Seagate Backup Exec.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

RealRedHair, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis program. If not, download and install the latest build #9646 and see if the issue remains.

If the issue still persists, please use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support.

Please collect and provide us with the following information:

1. Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip).

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

2. Could you please provide me with the screen shot of the internal Disk Management utility window (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management).

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

3. Also please let us know the exact drive letter of the hard drive that disappeared.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

7. RealRedHair

Finally respons from my ticket and my reply:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RealRedHair,

No, this issue is not common. Please collect all requested information and contact us via livechat service here. We will make all possible to analyze the information at the shortest time and provide you with a solution. Otherwise, your case will be escalated to Experts Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

9. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You must be the "new kid on the block". :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.