HD Backup Solutions Revisited

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by whitedragon551, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Image for Windows/Image for DOS/Image for Linux all have a copy option. I have never used the copy option. Recently, I purchased a new 2 TB hard drive and Restored (using Image for DOS) an Image of a ~64 GB System Partition of the old hard drive. I used the "Automatic" option which Restored to the new 2 TB hard drive keeping the exact same ~64 GB System Partition size. I then partitioned and formatted the remaining disk space.

There are many softwares that clone hard drives, but I do not have any experience with them. Terabyte's CopyWipe is free and should be able to do the job.

Image for DOS Manual (Starting on Page 59):

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/ifd_en_manual.pdf

CopyWipe Manual (Pages 12-16):

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/copywipe.pdf

2. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

3. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

CopyWipe from TerabyteUnlimited or maybe HDClone Free from Miray Software

4. mfender

mfender Registered Member

DiskWizard is still available both as a Win32 application or as a DOS application. I just downloaded it yesterday. However it is difficult to find on Seagates site.
    Seagates site is absolutely horrible when it comes to finding things. There are multiple ways to get to a destination and other screwed up things about their website. Sorry. I don't have the link saved. I just joined this forum yesterday after reading it from time to time over the years.

I hope this is helpful

5. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

6. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.