Having trouble with java and can't go on certain websites

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ImmortalTech, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImmortalTech

ImmortalTech Registered Member

Okay first my problem with Java. When I go into chat rooms it won't load. I was told to download this https://sdlcweb2b.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=8AE4C1D306A63453573F92CE2F08584B and I did, but it didn't work. I also got JRE 1.4 but that didn't help me either. I've gone to the java website and looked through the help section but that didn't do me any good.

And with the websites... My homepage was set to www.comcast.net, but now it just shows up blank. So I am no longer to check my email on comcast. www.hotmail.com is the same way. Some websites that have links on them that open up in new windows are blank too. Or like on forums where you click on smilies in the smilies list, they won't work. so I have to type them out. Even my online journal at www.melodramatic.com is messed up. whenever I try to submit a new entry it doesn't do anything, but the rest of the site works. Any idea what is wrong? I tried going to the windows update to see if there was an update for IE but like the others, it's a blank page.

I have Ad-aware, Spybot and an anti-virus software, and I've ran them all and they all come up clean.

HJT log removed as we no longer fix unsolicited logs, please see next post==bigc

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

HJT log are no longer read here unsolicited please check link link

bigc

you might want to go to the following link and follow the instructions, and see if it won't help remedy your problem. cleaning instructions

3. ImmortalTech

Oh, I didn't see that. Sorry for posting it then.

But since I posted it no one can help me out? :confused:

4. bigc73542

see the cleaning instructions link in the second post it will probably be able to help.

5. ImmortalTech

6. bigc73542

on the signature on my post click on (online scans and more) and pick an online scan from there. You will find several available.
    bigc

7. ImmortalTech

Believe it or not, but none of those will work for me.

This one for example, http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx When I click 'start scan' it doesn't do anything, and says javascript:void(0) in the lower left hand corner

And the rest when I click on them the page is blank and says done in the lower left hand corner and a couple of the links it wouldn't be a link anywhere that says start scan, but i would see red X's so I'm guessing those red X's are the buttons that say start scan? Do they require java to work right? if so, like i said java doesn't work right for me.

8. bigc73542

do you have java and or javascript enabled on you comp. javascript is almost required to run most of the online scans. since java doesn't work well for you it could be a problem.

9. bigc73542

is this the warning you get. If it is you are going to have use Internet explorer with activex enabled

Attached Files:

10. ImmortalTech

11. ImmortalTech

No I've never gotten that before.

12. bigc73542

that is right if you want to use sun java.

13. bigc73542

you might uncheck the sun java box reboot and then try an online scan. At least you will know if your msjava is working

14. ImmortalTech

Is there a difference in sun java and regular java? I really have no idea when it comes to this computer stuff. I just want to be able to go on websites, chat rooms and stuff like i used to be able to do.

15. ImmortalTech

Okay thanks ill go try that.

16. ImmortalTech

That doesn't work.

17. bigc73542

don't know what to tell you except to bypass the online scan and and just do what you can you can just scan all files with the antivirus you have installed for now. and then finnish the list.

18. ImmortalTech

I'm on the last step but I can't do it because the windows update page doesn't load. it's a blank page(like comcast and hotmail).

but other than that, all the other steps were fine. i didnt find anything serious while doing any of the steps.

oh and when was i supposed to run the winsock xp fix?

19. bigc73542

just two questions

1 what browser are you useing

2 if you are useing internet explorer do you have active x enabled

20. ImmortalTech

IE, and it says that
    automatic prompting for activex controls - disable
    download signed activex controls - prompt
    download unsigned activex controls - disable
    initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe - disable
    run activex controls and plug ins - enable
    script activex controls marked as safe - enable

21. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You need to post your Hijack This Log at one of the forums mentioned, one of the main ones is http://castlecops.com/forums.html

The General Cleaning Instructions thread is fairly thorough in sorting out a system, the last steps which you are on is posting a HJ This Log.

The Winsock fix is only if your internet connection is lost during the process of doing the above cleaning.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

22. bigc73542

I am at a loss as to what it may be, remote computer repair can sometimes be a pain. I know you probably have but have you checked to see if you have any security apps including a firewall that might be blocking these sites? And you might want to re enable sun java if you haven't already.

23. ImmortalTech

I posted it there yesterday afternoon, but no one has replied to my thread, so that's why i came here hoping i could get help faster(which i did)

24. ImmortalTech

i dont know if this makes a different but about a month ago i had a problem with Java Bytverify one of the scanners i used found this

Scanning memory...
    Scanning boot sectors...
    Scanning files...
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-2880d2c3-4d820d5a.zip->rundll32.exe - Trojan:Win32/StartPage.MF -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-440ad255-32598233.zip->ProbeLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-6c48cfe4-69147372.RB0->ProbeLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-6c48cfe4-69147372.zip->ProbeLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-7633ff35-269b9121.zip->Beyond.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/Reger.B -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-1350197c-275ce71e.zip->GetAccess.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-1350197c-275ce71e.zip->InsecureClassLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-1350197c-275ce71e.zip->Installer.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.F -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-1cdf36b5-70c816a3.zip->GetAccess.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-1cdf36b5-70c816a3.zip->InsecureClassLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-1cdf36b5-70c816a3.zip->Installer.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.F -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-420aaa1b-2be38294.zip->GetAccess.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-420aaa1b-2be38294.zip->InsecureClassLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-420aaa1b-2be38294.zip->Installer.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.F -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-481b81b6-7d64ca19.zip->GetAccess.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-481b81b6-7d64ca19.zip->InsecureClassLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-481b81b6-7d64ca19.zip->Installer.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.F -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-7958a4de-37c03b4a.zip->GetAccess.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-7958a4de-37c03b4a.zip->InsecureClassLoader.class - Java/Bytverify -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-7958a4de-37c03b4a.zip->Installer.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.F -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loader.jar-52a0fd1d-5e93ef25.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv101.jar-7ed55d6-473349b5.zip->Counter.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv101.jar-7ed55d6-473349b5.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv109.jar-85e11de-62019913.zip->Counter.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv109.jar-85e11de-62019913.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv117.jar-9f6bb79-7d50450f.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv15.jar-1c0e50a-3eb68715.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv15.jar-1d09ed56-121300b9.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv237.jar-6360295a-108f348d.zip->Counter.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv237.jar-6360295a-108f348d.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv54.jar-8863005-62579638.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv63.jar-a2cf123-3735ee81.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv68.jar-25bc6ef6-1cd305b6.zip->Counter.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv68.jar-25bc6ef6-1cd305b6.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv74.jar-2738e991-3ea18921.zip->Counter.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv74.jar-2738e991-3ea18921.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv77.jar-c1a27c6-156ffac3.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv78.jar-27714795-537cf6d8.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderdenis.jar-623698ea-1fca85fe.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderdenis.jar-7d7fa136-493772c3.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loadermikhalych.jar-61ac1d2d-3524657c.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loadermikhalych.jar-7cf5257b-266aeb12.zip->Counter.class - Trojan:Java/ClassLoader -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loadermikhalych.jar-7cf5257b-266aeb12.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loadersywer.jar-50736b1-76ee590e.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loadervlad.jar-1a2d8042-284415a4.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderzvezda.jar-3fb37ad7-16275b5d.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderzvezda.jar-5afc8323-3262d9fa.zip->Matrix.class - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenStream.C -> Infected

so i deleted all of those and everything was fine, i was still able to go on those websites that i cant go on now and i could still go into yahoo chat, but now it just suddenly stopped working.

25. bigc73542

Yes there is a very good possibility that it could have a bearing on your problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.