Having trouble with acronis bootable rescue disk over the network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter Mac, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

I have a computer so infested with malware I can't do much with it.

I want to back up my PC using Acronis TI9 bootable CD since m Windows Xp barely works.

However, here are my problems:

1. Acronis won't let me save my destination .tib file over the network to another computer. Is it supposed to? I can see the other computers just fine from the bootable rescue menu. Permissions seem to be set correctly. Before I spend any more time on this am I supposed to be able to save over the network?

2. I have a Rev drive connected to another computer. It seems to have a lot of problems with the Rev as well. Is the Linux bootable rescue media disk supposed to have a built in driver for Iomega Rev support?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

1. Yes
    2. Don't know. Iomega Rev drives had some trouble reported in the past but I don't know the current status for them.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I cannot see the point in backing up a computer that is badly infested with malware. All that would do is to spread the malware to other media.

There are a whole host of removal and clean up tools out there that can be very effective in ridding your computer of pests. These can be doubly or more effective when run in Windows safe mode.

So do a bit of house keeping first maybe combined with a SFS /SCANNOW a repair install and CHKDSK for good measure.

Xpilot

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Download an build this bootable CD with all the utilities you need to remove malware and spyware. http://ubcd4win.com/. Then backup your drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.