Having trouble restoring image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AaLF, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Sorry to bother you,

I use ATI work staion 8.0. I want to revert back to a saved image to get out the hassles on the PC.

It's been a while since I have had to restore and I think amnesia has set in.

My actions to Restore image are: F11 on start up/open acronis/select restore/...

The trouble is the mouse seems to not work in this mode and I cannot open the appropriate drive/folder to access the saved image. Typing it in...D\etc.tib doesn't make any impression.

If I try and restore after the PC has booted it suggests rebooting first which takes me back to the above scenario.

I've browsed over the manual and seem none the wiser.

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Have you tried the boot CD?

3. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thought we were out of the woods with that reminder. But no.. still the same.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi tisatasher,

You'll probably need to use various combinations of your keys in order to manoeuvre your way through the restore screens. See this <previous thread> for details.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tisatashar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

Could you please let us know what mouse you use and the way it is connected to your computer (PS/2 or USB)? If you use USB mouse please try to change "USB Legacy Support" setting in BIOS. Also please try to boot Acronis Bootable CD using "acpi=off noapic" workaround in the way described at Acronis Help Post and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.