Having trouble cloning Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnhoefer, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnhoefer

johnhoefer Registered Member

I am trying to install a new hard drive. I downloaded the software last night and have the latest version of ATI. The new drive is located in a USB enclosure.

I get through the ATI process up to the point where it says reboot. Then my computer reboots, Acronis starts up and it says "analyzing partitions" it does this several times for several minutes. Then it usually says "locking partition" then "checking partition". Then I get an error message that says "Error: Partition configuration changed...press any key to reboot your computer.

This software has been more than frustrating. First I got Acronis Easy Migrate 7.0. Then read on the forum that there is an issue with using a USB enclosure and I needed to buy the ATI. Now I have ATI and that doesn't work either.

Also, when I turn off the computer and place the recovery media disk in the CD-rom and then restart. It doesn't go to the disk so I can try all this in safe mode. Also, this computer is two weeks old and I have not had any problems. The hard drive is brand new, out of the box (laptop 2.5").

If you are going to have me recreate the error and send you are report or anything along the lines of sending support a report of some kind. Please give me explicit directions on how to print the report. Thanks.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

When you say you "place the recovery media disk in the CD-rom", is this the Acronis Rescue CD or the Recovery media CDs that came with the laptop?

Since the laptop is 2 weeks old, exactly what are you trying to achieve? Is it to replace the original hard drive with a larger or faster hard drive?

3. SmartBoyIti

SmartBoyIti Registered Member

Hi,
    I just had the same problem - "Error: Partition configuration changed..." - while trying to clone a 14GB into an 80GB hard drive.
    The solution was easy:
    Prepare a rescue disk, (or diskettes).
    Shutdown windows and boot from the rescue disk, that also includes the TI application, (I hope that you have an up to date release).
    This time it will work, I hope..., It did for me!
    Good luck.
    SmartBoyIti.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello johnhoefer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify what actions you want to perform exactly?

Please describe the desired actions step-by-step.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

- What operating system do you use?

- When exactly do you receive the error message you mentioned above?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

As for the problem with booting from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD, please make sure that CD-ROM is set as a first boot device in the computer's BIOS settings. If that's not the case then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem. Let us know what happens exactly when you try to boot the computer from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD. Have you received any error messages? What exact error message? When exactly have you received them? Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.