Having problems with programs accessing the Internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Scream, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scream

Scream Registered Member

Ok, Since I've installed ESS Its been giving me a lot of problems with either programs trying to use the internet and or programs like DivX being able to run making it stuck on "Connecting..." .

I've tried to use interactive mode but it just blocks everything, no access to FF,IE, nothing. I've tried to add programs to the trusted Zone or whatever its called rules and zones, that doesn't seem to work either, I play a game called ArmA 2 which has a lot of updates for a mod, but I can't update since the program I use to connect to the server for the downloads "Can't Connect." Its Addon Sync 2009.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix these problems? I've tried to use other methods from people that have had similar problems but my computer is special and none of it decides to fix it.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

place your network in Trusted zone and try Automatic mode

3. Scream

Scream Registered Member

A bit more specific please? o_O

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What is your operating system and what other security programs do you use or have used in the past?

5. Scream

Scream Registered Member

Windows XP SP3 and I've used McAfee and AVG

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

While Ron appears to be offline for the moment, a list of uninstallers of previously used anti-virus programs that may be causing your issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.