having a problem updating macrium pe image

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

says there is a image update available but when i click update it just closes the program and says pe is not installed?? i uninstalled and then installed it again just to make sure and says the same anyone else see this? ive posted once before on their forum and never got a follow up response so im wondering if anyone here has seen this?? thank you

also do you normally use the pe disc or just the normal linux one? should i even worry about pe? ive only actually used pe up till now so i was not sure how the linux restore compares for win7. thanks

2. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

It shows no updates with mine but I have never had this happen before in the past.

Both work fine but PE is definitely more stable for me. I had some problems with the Linux CD a while back so I have been using PE ever since.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the newest version according to their forums is 2.1.200, i have 2.0.180. to see if you have a update for the pe part you have to go to where you make a boot disk select pe and click update.

i even downloaded the manual update file from their forum and added it to the boot folder as instructed and it says i dont have pe installedo_O but its right there in the installed programs and i can make a boot disk just fine with the version i haveo_O makes no sense,, sucks i cant re download the original installer for winpe and i lost my disc is this correct?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.