Haven't tried the beta v5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by sweater, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I hesitated installing the beta version of this antivirus coz I was then thinking that those other "things" added on it...that... for me was not that important as I already have other programs and for those features it might just makes my pc becomes "over protected" or whatever. Of course, for those that only relies or for a beginners on protection softwares...this things will works great for them I know, Eset is one name in the protection industry that you can trust coz they've existed for so long and their vast knowledge on this field are is a big plus for anyone.

Just one thing I'd like to know. Are the new HIPS feature in v5 really that different from v4?

If it really works like a full pledge HIPS, is there an option to the users not to install it with the antivirus program?

Is there an option to disable some newly added features that a user can choose if he/she wants to?

If those things has no options when the final v5 released, then, the only best option that I have (along w/ other users...I know...oks..) is to remained using version 4, coz this was probably the most "comfortable" antivirus version for us to use. Anyway, others was still using a much older version without problem of any infections...coz I think it's much more lighter. :cool:

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I am currently using version 4 and have no doubt that version 5 will also be excellent.

3. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I also am still running Version 4 of Smart Security and have been for years.
    Being the super chicken that I am, I'm afraid of rocking the boat with a Beta version.
    Reading about a lot of problems with HIPs. I don't need problems with ESET.
    It's to vital for my computer.
    Guess if we give ESET time they will come through like they always do.

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

New added features can be disabled accessing Advanced Setup (F5)

Note: when you unload the firewall, web access protection is non-functional, please remediate this, ESET team :)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What do you mean by unloading the firewall? Do you mean changing the integration type to "Personal firewall is completely inactive"? I've tried that as well as temporarily disabling firewall via gui and web access protection remained active, with no warning reported.

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Exactly, changing the integration type in the system to completely inactive seems to be related with ¿ application protocols ? for Web access protection
    So, for example, if you want Parental Controls or Antispam protection but dont want the firewall, ¿dont you have Web protection?

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In the ESET v4 releases, the HIPS functionality was not visible since it was internal to the program and not accessible to end users of the software. The functionality could just be toggled on and off via the heuristic options. In the ESET v5 release, the HIPS functionality has been enhanced and people can configure their own rules through the user interface.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.