Haven't been able to run SpyBlaster 3.1 - Run-time error '14': Out of string space

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BigAl, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl

BigAl Registered Member

I've loved SpyBlaster since it's early days, but it did have some shortcomings. Then SpyBlaster 3.0 came along. It was the answer to all my dreams. But then 3.1 came along. I followed all the instructions, but now I get an error message when I open SpyBlaster 3.1.

Run-time error '14': Out of string space

Several posts mentioned you sending a fix via e-mail. Other than that I've never seen anything that'll really help my problem.

I'm running a Pentium III 450 MZ w/Windows 98SE
    Internet Explorer 6.0
    Firefox 0.8 (Default Browser)
    Netscape Communicator 4.79
    Netscape 7.1

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!! I'M LOST WITHOUT SpyBlaster

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please search your system for an abnormally large "registry.dat" file? It's probably in a "Mozilla" directory.

When you find it, you can try deleting it and it should fix the SpywareBlaster issue. (Note: This may cause you to lose any customized settings for Netscape 7.x in your profile. You can always try just renaming it from "registry.dat" to "registry.old" to see if it works without it.)

A fix for this will be implemented in SpywareBlaster 3.2.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. BigAl

BigAl Registered Member

Re: Haven't been able to run SpyBlaster 3.1 - Run-time error '14': Out of string spac

MY SPYWAREBLASTER IS WORKING GREAT!

Boy, you've done it! :eek: All the other registry.dat files were 2kb, Mozilla had it at a whopping 291+Meg. Being a tad nervous, I renamed it to registry.old. When I reopened Netscape 7.1 I had to redo all the registration stuff. I did loose my home page, but so what!!!!!!!!!! Now though, it shows at a normal 2kb. WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!

Thanks Again,
    BigAl :eek:

4. linda2632

linda2632 Guest

Re: Haven't been able to run SpyBlaster 3.1 - Run-time error '14': Out of string spac

I am running Win98SE and Mozilla 1.7 with a SINGLE profile. I opened my browser and kept it open till I had got the registry.dat file back to 2kb. It had well over 284megs in it! Once that was accomplished....crossed everything capable of being crossed....closed my browser ..re-opened and discovered to my delight......kept everything!
    Hope I wasn't just lucky and this helps someone else keep everything intact.
    Thanks Javacool for a great program.
    Regards,
    Linda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.