Have you tried an IR Recovery at startup (home key)?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Ay, EAZ and RB users, have you tried a recovery while your application is loading, i.e. hitting the home key? This morning I had to do that and it brought up the whole menu, Recover being on top, however, I had no mouse functionality. I hit Enter, thinking that Recover, being on top and the point of the program, would be selected by default. After a few minutes I just did a hard reboot since nothing happened. I really don't think it did a recovery although my PC is fine. If you've had to do this, how did you do it, was your mouse and keyboard functional? Thank You!

2. 842x5

842x5 Registered Member

I have done it multiple times with EAZ-FIX. The mouse is functional in my setup.

3. nexstar

nexstar Registered Member

I suspect that either your motherboard doesn't natively support a usb mouse (is it a usb mouse?) or the option to support it is turned off in the bios.

However, the good news is that you don't need a mouse to navigate the EF/RB pre-boot menu :) (can't say about Ay, but I would think it was the same).

When you boot into the menu (with the Home key), press the down arrow key once and that will highlight the Recover option. Press Enter and you are in the window to select your snapshot. Use the arrow keys to move up and down and the Tab key to move onto the other buttons and away you go :) .

Graham

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

The mouse and key board are both wireless. Might have had something to do with it. I thought I did try the down key. I'll mess with it sometime today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.