Have u tried 3 system optimizers in ur pc?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Just wondering if anyone of u here already got tried or even are using all this three system optimizers together in your pc. Coz I've heared that there are some pc users that intalled these 3 in their pc and are happy.

TuneUp Utilities 2011

tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

SpeedUpMyPC 2011

uniblue.com/software/speedupmypc/

Boost Windows

ursoftware.com/product/boostwindows/

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I've tried TuneUp Utilities 2010, just the usual things such as cleaning junk, registry scanner etc.
    The things that i liked about it was the wizard to disable some general services/functions of Windows that most people don't use ;)

3. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

Seems like a no brainer to me sweater. Only 39.95$ stand between you and the boost - as extra bonus may be happiness :)

4. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Hardware Upgrade (e.g. more RAM, better CPU etc.) is what really/actually leads to Performance.

Optimizers, Tweakers etc. are for...:D

5. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

All system optimizers are snake oil. If you really want to speed up your system, buy new/better/faster hardware.

The only thing that could actually improve the performance of the computer that these optimizers contain is the defragging tool. And even that shouldn't be that noticeable, unless your hard drive is fragmented to hell. However there are quite a few free and lightwieght defraggers for that. And that applies to Windows XP. Windows Vista and 7 have even less need for defragmentation.

Every other tool within those optimizers will not improve performance in any noticeable way, although their authors would like you to believe that they would.
    Cleaning the registry does not improve performance. It might decrease manual searches of the registry a little but that's about it.
    Defragging the registry could in theory improve Windows load times but the registry has to be really, REALLY bloated, and even then the difference would be minimal at best.
    They also offer some other tools like duplicate files finder, junk cleaners, etc. While they just might come in handy once in a full moon, some of them already exist within Windows, and for the rest free alternatives can be found, should you need them.
    Optimizers usually offer some tweaks. Some of these tweak do NOT DO ANYTHING. They had been useful back in the Win9x days and have remained in tweaking tools because the users thought they are of some benefit on Windows 2000 (and up) but they are not. Most of the tweaks that do something can be found in Windows' own menus and dialog boxes. Other could be found via Google in the forms of .reg or .vbs files. Are there any tweaks that do not appear in Windows and can't be found on the Internet but do exist in these optimizers? Perhaps, but those would be very few tweaks.

It's your money and your decision, but my honest advice would be to not bother. If you really want to spend those 30-40 dollars, buy your girlfriend/wife a spontaneous present. It'll do a lot more good than an optimizer. :)
    I myself wouldn't use such optimizers even if they paid me to do so, much less me pay them.

6. sweater

I have been using TuneUp Utilities since their 2007 version and now it's 2011 version and I'm glad that I have it. It helps me finds "something" that otherwise I couldn't...so many useful tools, tweaks, etc..very helpful, especially for average pc users (lazy...:D ).

Still, I'd want to try up and install another system optimizer. For me, maybe it could still improve or fill up some of the gaps that TU didn't touch on. But, the surprising part was that when I tried to install SpeedUpMyPC 2011, it's not compatible w/ NOD32 anti-virus. :argh: How come, it disappoints me in an unexpected manner. :mad: o_O

Attached Files:

7. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

Good for ESET if they are incompatible :)

I can not be convinced or reasoned with but may be it would be somewhat useful if you explained why on earth you use these so called optimizers? - as opposed to the tons of free stuff there is, CCleaner, Nirsoft, Sysinternals, Windowsclub, Windows own tools for example. You can still be lazy and use them, not good enough reason to spend so much money on what many consider junk surviving on Google Ads and other false promises, year after year. What are you thinking? :cool:

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The only optimizers i've really tried are Tune Up 2011, Jv16tools, Iobit Advanced System Care.
    IMO they all performed quite similar with Tune Up ahead offering better options to tweak and goodies. (I tried them for fun but i don't really use them, although sometimes i do have one or another installed just to get the feeling of it :D )

You can try Advanced System Optimizer.

9. sweater

This two software are really incompatible, coz when I tried to install SpeedUpMy Pc it a pop-up notice says that it cannot be installed coz it detects NOD32 and when I tried to scan my pc, NOD32 found it to be a Potentially Unwanted Program. :doubt: :p

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.