Has Windows Boot Process Slowed way down after Acronis software install?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by eniqmah, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Messed around with OSS have you? Took the bat to the comp for slow boot have you? Uninstalled OSS and STILL slow boot?
    :)
    Deleted bootwiz.sys in C:\
    I've always hid the system protected files and while trouble shooting something I enabled it only to notice that bootwiz.sys has been there all along and is not a known system file. So, after a little research, I took the axe to it and rebooted.

18 Windows bars---to 3 Windows bars..
    boot time saved: 45 secs.

Thanks a lot Acronis.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hey eniqmah
    what acronis program have you installed?
    and what is OSS?
    lodore

3. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Could u explain more detailed about this?

4. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Hi,
    OSS = OSSelector. It is part of the Acronis Disk Director suite. When installed, OSS allows you to manage multiboots easier, but has the annoying effect of slowing down the boot process, amongst most other critical and notorious problems. I was so dumb to not figureout why the system boot time didn't go back to normal after I uninstalled OSS. This program puts a folder named BOOTWIZ on every partition in the system and does not remove it after you uninstall it. The file bootwiz.sys is created by either or both of ATI and ADD. After deleting bootwiz.sys, I ran ATI without a problem and was able to back up and restore as normal on my test system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.