Has Update been suspended?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfaprd

alfaprd Registered Member

Yes, no magic done. Finally got the updates, I've been following this thread, and all the posts included the deleted ones. Let me tell you something . Your good work is your best publicity. Because NOD32 V.2 has been a good program I stick with it, V3 too big, too many resources. Please when this things happen, all that I ask is someone telling me "listen in a week or 10 days you are going to be able to download the updates, by now you are protected" but nothing? I understand Symantec releases its updates every week, another one every 2 days. but nohing got the updates now I'm :) until next time

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

HeLLBRiNGeR

other AV had their problem too, or will have... No products are perfect

3. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

Het lijkt te werken nu. Er is een probleem met de update servers deze week. Geef het tot maandag 04 augustus.

4. jertehcomputer

jertehcomputer Registered Member

I already update nod32 for my nbook, but i can't update it for my PC, pls anyone can tell me how to load the update file from my nbook to my pc.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Not possible with versions for Home users .

You posted in the forum section for v2 but if you have v3 you can download and install it - its installer have been updated to contain the newest signatures/updates so that users avoid downloading big updates

6. CAMS

CAMS Registered Member

My 3 PC license expires in Oct 2008, Last week I decided to try Vista on one PC and reloaded NOD and it refused to update stating it was already up to date with a 2007 time stamp.

So I'm now trialling AntiVir Premium and may just stay with them as I cant have an antivirus telling me its up to date when it clearly isn't. That a 3PC 2 year license not likely to be renewed.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've just tested updating v2 by clicking the Update now button 15 times in a row, in each case the large base update was dwonloaded. It's been almost a day now since load balancing for the commercial version 2 was disabled, which means they should update at the first attempt. This does not concern old Win9x v2 trial versions and cracked versions which may take some time to get updated.

If there is a reason which prevents someone from upgrading to v3 (which downloads very small update files), please let me know. We'll do our best to pinpoint the issue so that you can use v3 instead of v2.

8. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I now have many customers calling me complaining that their Nod32 will not update. What do I do, refund them all?

9. Marcos

I've just repeated the test by hitting the Update now button 15 times in a row. In each case, the large base update was downloaded successfully. If some paying clients cannot still update their v2, I'd ask for exported ESET registry key so that you can check their settings; especially the update server which must be set to Choose automatically. Should it appear ok, perhaps the best would be to get a log from Wireshark with the communication during an update captured.

10. riavdmeer

riavdmeer Registered Member

nou alles is weer up to date twee computers en een laptop steeds weer geprobeerd en tot mijn verbazing deed nod het elke computer deed er bijna tien minuten over,heb niet opnieuw geinstalleerd of dingen verwijderd gewoon steeds weer proberen hoop dat eset niet meer zulke grote update's plaats krijg er de zenuwen van heb er bijna een week over gedaan:rolleyes:

11. roach82

roach82 Registered Member

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Thanks to eto_samoe..followed his instructions and nod32 is finally updated!

12. bpk

bpk Registered Member

what instructions exactly?

13. helenab

helenab Registered Member

I was wondering the same :)

14. distroyer

distroyer Registered Member

And I was able to update finally after 28 July 2008. Its was a total of 12MB files.
    I started my system and when I clicked on update, It said, u r upto date. I killed the nod32 process from task manager and restarted nod32 without restarting my system. Then I relogged-in to internet and re-entered my username/password for nod32 in the setup window of update and I was able to update finally ;) .

15. helenab

I'll try and keep you informed. Thanks.

16. wewe

wewe Registered Member

how about a user who's using a trial version
    how can i update
    if i cant update my trial , how are u expecting to convince ppl to buy the product

17. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Marcus

It's not viable to do this with every customer. I would have to visit each home user site. It's nothing to do with their systems, it's the update servers. I've been installing Nod32 for several years & am installing Nod32 in exactly the same way. Updates for trial versions are simply not working at all. I have already lost one customer while Nod appear to be blaming the installation? I cannot afford to lose any more customers over this.

18. wewe

wewe Registered Member

i only have two more days left
    lol , trial versions are made so we can test the product , i am glad that this problem occured before actually buying the program :p i barely made it , if i installed the software 3 days before i would have been screwed on the first day of full version , directly after paying for it :s , imagine that
    so can u guys suggest me other light AVs o_O?

Attached Files:

19. Marcos

Are you using Windows 95/98/ME? As far as I know, there should be no v2 trial version for NT-based systems available now. V2 will be discontinued some time in the future, but no approximate date has been set yet, it will depend on many variables and will be announced a long time before it takes place. Another reason is that the users shouldn't evaluate a product that has less security features and worse detection (I mean rootkits, in particular).

Is there a specific reason why you have not installed the EAV trial version?

20. Marcos

As it's been explained, the users of cracked v2 versions and 9x v2 eval versions may not get the update at the first attempt. Surely you would have already received the current update if you were a paying user or if you were trialing ESS/EAV instead of an obsolete v2.

21. wewe

wewe Registered Member

no man this is windows XP SP2 , but i just put the visual effects at their lowest so the pc can work at the best performance
    (my computer >>>properties>>>advanced>>>performance>>>settings>>>>adjust for best performance)

my pc is not that good so i try the lightest softwares that i can find , i was told that kaspersky and nod32 are two light and powerful AVs i tried kaspersky but i don't know why i felt like it's complicated , i installed nod32 2.7.39 cz i am trying the lightest versions that can be found
    it was working great untill 28 , amazingly i didn't notice that it wasn't updating untill windows alert warned me today that the database is out of date :s
    about paying and buying the software , i was gonna do it , 40$ is not much for a good anti virus , but if the trial didn't work well and as i noticed in the thread , it's not the first time that this kind of issues occur how are u expecting me to buy it o_O?

22. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You can easily tell it's not Win9X or NT 4 by two features seen in his screen shot
    *Local Area Connection icon in the systray..must be 2K or higher for that
    *The shortcut to his PPPoE dialer on his desktop...native PPPoE support with Windows began with XP.

23. TW843

TW843 Registered Member

Just to let u know that in spite of all the preblems reportd in this post regarding
    NOD32 v2 updates my PC with os XP pro svc pack3 hs always been updated
    without any problem automatically and last virus database just installed is 3322
    dtd 20080803. Thanks ESET:::

24. helenab

woo hooooo

Well, finally, endly, hopefully, I could update my AV too .... don't ask me how, where, but I did it !!!!!!

Let's now hope that this will never happen again ... what a nightmare, one week without updates :eek:

25. riavdmeer

riavdmeer Registered Member

nou ik wil niet zeuren maar vandaag weer geen update gehad weer op die knop moeten drukken moet echt niet gekker worden heb drie pc hou geen tijd meer over hoop dat ze nu toch weer vanzelf het gaan doen zit nu eindelijk op 3322:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.