Has something zapped Imon??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sagittarius, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I've had occasion to check the settings of at least 6 of my client's computers in the past fortnight (for a totally unrelated issue) ... each time I discovered that Imon had not started.
    I've gotta tell ya this is really freakin' me out!!! :eek:
    I'm considering emailing all 200+ of the people I've installed Nod for and getting to check their settings, but before I do, I'd sure like to know if anyone else has had this experience and if anybody knows why this is happening?
    I'd like to have an answer for these people if & when I find there are more out there with the problem.
    I have set up all of my clients' computers to email when they get any virus warnings or other error messages, but I had no inkling about this problem.
    I'd have thought Nod would generate an email warning when Imon was disabled ... under the circumstances, wouldn't it be a good idea if it did?
    I would never have known about these if these people hadn't contacted me about something else & I had been going through their settings with them.

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Have you, or they, done/have anything that would affect the LSPs? If the NOD32 LSP entry is removed, IMON will not start..

3. sagittarius

I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that none of these people has done anything out of the ordinary ... they wouldn't know how.
    As far as they know Nod prompts them when there is an update, they click OK, then OK again when it is finished .. end of story.
    Most of my clients are computer-illiterate (they admit it themselves) and they would never tinker with settings on anything without consulting somebody first.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I had it happen a couple of weeks ago, it was a once off, and I put it down to someone within the household playing while I was out.... Hadn't thought anything of it until now. Hasn't happened since.

Cheers :D

5. N1G0W

N1G0W Registered Member

Yes i noticed also a few times that IMON was switched off, this is weird
    cause i have password protected the settings in NOD so no one could
    have done this manually.

I also noticed that the home IP of my router was changed automaticly o_O
    and a few days ago it was changed back to the original home IP.
    Im not sure if this was caused by NOD32, but this was NEVER happend
    before i installed NOD32, and the IMON was turned off again.

6. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

It also happend to me a couple of weeks ago. Eset has a small utility that will help to find the culprit. :)
    Since then I have no more problems.

7. sagittarius

it does?
    more information pleeeeeezo_O

8. Antarctica

9. sagittarius

oh? I wonder why?
    will do, thanks very much Antartica
    sagittarius

10. Antarctica

Your'e welcome sagittarius. I hope your problem
    will be solve soon. :)

11. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

There are some programmes that will check the lsp and attempt to repair it.I know that xcleaner for example will pick up on nods lsp alteration and offer to "fix" it.Perhaps your clients have some sort of common programme thats doing this?.Usually the "repair now" (auto detect network config) under imons miscellaneous tab puts it right again.
    ellison

12. sagittarius

I understand where you're coming from, ellison64, but unless the program concerned is a very common one that almost every computer has installed, I can't see this being the cause.
    The computers I've checked so far are running Windows in it's most basic form, with only the usual additions, like MS office and maybe some camera & printware software.
    I wouldn't even have known Imon was stopped unless I'd happened to be checking settings for a completely different reason, so the problem for me is how to know without contacting all 200+ of these people?
    Is there any reason why there can't be a warning pop-up & alert users to the fact, this would then generate an email to whomever was the recipient of these warnings emails .. in this case, me. :)

13. Antarctica

Hello ellison64,
    In my case the button "repair now" was greyed out, so
    I couldn't even use it. I don't know if it it the case
    for for you sagittarius? :)

14. sagittarius

No Antarctica, thankfully, in all of the cases I've discovered so far, it has been possible to re-start Imon by clicking the Start button.
    I just have this gnawing feeling that there is some trojan/bot out there that is capable of stopping it ... which is why I posted the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.