Has anyone yet tested x64 Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Carbonyl, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Hi everyone,

There have been a number of threads on the forum already concerning the x64 version of Sandboxie. A lot of back and forth about the quality of the x64 vs x86 version has been in debate. I think, certainly, that we can all agree that the x64 version isn't as safe as the x86 version. Tuzk himself claims as much in his FAQ. I'm not able to fully grasp the details of what's being said there, but I can pick up on the fact that Patch Guard is preventing full functionality, and so the x64 version isn't as effective.

But how vulnerable is x64 Sandboxie in practice? I'm wondering if anyone has thrown new tests at the x64 version. Almost all of the tests I've found and reviews I've read have been on the x86 version. Furthermore, every news update I've been able to find on google about the x64 version has been a short news blurb about its being available, with links to x86 reviews and tests.

Unfortunately I'm not quite equipped to run these tests myself, but I'm hoping that someone else already has. Does anyone know of any tests that have been run specifically on the 64-bit version of Sandboxie? I'd like to make an informed decision before spending the money for Sandboxie on my x64 Win 7 system. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.