Has anyone tried Windows XP Service Pack 2, Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Close_Hauled, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Has foolish^h^h^h^h^h^h^hbrave sole tried Windows XP Service Pack 2, Release Candidate 2 yet. Have you had any problems?

Close Hauled

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Running with no problems here since it was released. Using latest version of Outpost Pro, BOClean, Process Guard and all DCS products, F-Prot (live), KAV5 (on demand), RegRun Gold, The Bat!, Firetrust Benign, Nero, Opera, Proxomitron, True Image, Ghost 2003 (LiveUpdate was fixed with build 2162), O&O Defrag, StyleXP, etc. Benchmarks the same as SP1 using Passmark's PerformanceTest and CryptoSuite.

Nick

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I tried to install it tonight but something is not right it said it could not validate my reg numbers. I called microsoft and had a little discussion with a pretty friendly tech person. We checked my reg numbers and just about everything related to my install of xp pro and we couldn't find anything wrong. The tech rep thinks because this computer used to have xp home oem that somewhere in here is the oem numbers hiding in the bios or somewhere as mysterious. He seems to think if I flash the bios it will cure the problem. But I don't want sp2 bad enough to flash the bios in a computer that is less that three months old and is working perfectly. besides I am going to partition the hdd and install win2k sp4 and play with it and I would like the bios in working condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.