Has anyone tried/used the new PayPal Plug-In?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ratchet, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Supposedly it will generate a Master Card debit number when purchasing from a site that doesn't accept PayPal. I installed it but kept a wary eye out for some fine print about a service charge but never did notice one. If this is truly free it's great. I hate doing business on the sites that require you create an account!

2. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Yes, ive used it many times in the past few months....you can create a one-time virtual card or a multi-use virtual card....they both work excellent and never an extra charge - and the best part is that for the few sites that dont accept a plain old Debit/Check Card, this virtual Mastercard usually works....

im not positive, but i think they could detect it if they want to but apparently
    they dont care.....some sites can detect if you are using the Visa Gift Cards
    that you can buy at Walgreens, etc. and some websites will decline those Gift Cards

3. boonie

boonie Registered Member

I use it as well. There are no hidden charges, it's truly free.
    I believe there are a number of banks that have implemented this as well (Chase, Citi).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.