Has anyone tried sandboxie 2.76 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cet, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Is the beta software limited for some time,does it have any restrictions (paid vs free)If I download the latest beta before the official release will I be able to use it without any restrictions or what?*
    Has anyone tried 2.76 beta.Is it stableo_O

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

My answer to betas in general is that it's not restricted. But i don't know if it's the case here. It should be unrestricted in features, the developer wants to test the app, so no restrictions imo. Don't know about time limits.
    I only find Version changes

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

If your a first time user I would stick with the 2.64 version and learn the ins and outs.

The beta 2.76 still has a few bugs but is stable in running your browser through it.

The bugs relate to installing apps into the sandbox,dragging and dropping and some other ones.

The free version of Sandboxie will show a popup after 30 days but all functions seem to remain.

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I tried it - twice. Downloaded it and it installed fine but wouldn't open Opera browser, and MSIE opened and ran for a short time and then closed. Tried MSIE again, same thing happened. It opened, I managed a couple of sites and it closed on me again. No pop up warning, no type of warning at all, it was just gone.

I uninstalled Sandboxie 2.76, reinstalled it and same thing happened again. It's a beta program and, at least on this computer, has problems. I've got 2.64 back and everything is fine again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.