Has anyone tried RGGuard?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by IceCube1010, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi

I have been testing this program out and like it. I think it might be similar to FINJAN. Does anyone have and experience using this and your thoughts.

thanks
    Ice

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeap,this is my 3 day and so far so good:thumb: it flags some pages that contain malware or hacking tools:thumb:

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Nice add-on. Went to some sites that are known to be dodgy, and sure enough, the nasties on it were found and warned about.

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Well 1 st time install didnt work, after removing another linkscanner and restart it worked on firefox, till yesterday. Maybe it doesnt like my vista 64?

5. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Unfortunately, sites it flag as good are not 100% good.

Google download.com and click the green icon to see what RGguard has to say about the programmes on download.com.

The google search says download.com is good (it is) but then RGguard flags a load of bad programmes. The RGguard details a 1000+ programmes on download.com and some of them have red warning icons.

Very confusing and not user friendly.

Based on the green icon you could go to the site thinking all programmes on the site are safe when in fact they are not. You only find this out if you bother to click the green icon to get the detail and then check your chosen programme is not one of the bad programmes.

Ian

6. IceCube1010

Hi

thanks for the replys. I did notice that Ian. I tried clicking on some of those red programs and bang, CIS anti-virus caught 2 files trying to infect my system. I can't remeber if it was download.com or another site. But, you are right on the mark with the site showing green, then red programs within. Just a side note, I had FINJAN showing green on the site that had the virus issue.

thanks
    Ice

7. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

It doesn't install at all for me using FF3.

8. IceCube1010

What addons do you have installed for FF3 and what security apps are running?

9. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Noscript
    User Agent Switcher
    ShowIP

Security:
    DS
    TF
    Antivir
    PCTFW
    as needed Returnil

I've tried to install it multiple times with same results.

10. IceCube1010

Hi

I think your safe with TF, Antivir. I have used those 2 and never had an issue with them. I've had problems with PCTools FW in the past with certain apps but I don't believe that would cause the problem. However, if you are using (DS)=DriveSentry this might be giving you the issue. I had that installed and while I think its a good product, I had problems with installing stuff on my machine. It's unfortunate but I think the best way to find out is disable each product, one at a time and see which might give you the hiccup.

Let us know if you find out anything.

Ice

11. webster

webster Registered Member

Cannot download it anymore. I use Avira (pay) and TF too. I don`t care. Uninstalled a week ago, because it flagged MBAM as a malware download. Just too unreliable for my taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.