has anyone tried any of these burning programs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if so can you please give feedback as how they compared to nero and ashampoo?

i love nero but its just nothing now but bloat imo.. and man to get rid of it once you have installed it even after using nero's own program to remove it is a huge pain in the neck

i love everything about ashampoo but it lacks any real settings. it does do everything well but i can change a lot of things, it also does not allow me to insert my own track and disc names as i want to when burning audio cd's.

i really dont like installing and uninstalling everything under the sun and constantly doing a backup restore is a pain in the neck.

a few that i have been reccomended to try are prassi ones, oront burning kit, sateria burner, padus disc juggler, and gear pro.

does anyone have any experience with any of these that can give me honest feedback. i want something that is nero like as far as options go but doesnt take nearly 750mb to install just the burner section now (version :cool:. i would use 6 but it does not seem to work on vista. it will install for me but i cant run it without issues.

someone hopefully can help me out with this. thanks in advance

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I use and really love Sateria. I have couple different versions as my lap top only has a CD R/W while my tower is fully loaded. Not a coaster yet. Handles ISOs very well. They seem to give some burning software problems.

3. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Try using nero micro. Its fantastic - has the great nero burning engine without all of the bloat.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I am using cyberlink's Power2Go, a great application for today's modern needs.

5. swami

swami Registered Member

My vote goes to Sateira. It does just what it's supposed to do.

6. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I use CloneCD/DVD/AnyDVD and UltraISO, I bought one of the bundle deals a few years ago.

CloneCD is superior to Nero 5/6 (I dunno about 7). Nero was making bad copies of audio CD which it said were 100% complete. Nero was silently ignoring the errors.
    CloneCD reported Errors so I was able to diagnose and fix the problem which was with the source CD having an error.
    I simply lost trust in Nero when their support said try the latest version spend more $$$ with us instead of trying to help fix a problem (at the time they had both versions for sale on their site).

I use UltraISO for authoring CD and DVD and also being able to backup my Xbox games, which is something CloneCD is lacking.

7. zfactor

does not work properly with the drives in my laptops it will not allow track at once burning which sucks i only have the option of disc at once..full version of nero works fine so its not the drive..

8. zfactor

i use all of the above as well but im looking for a all in one app for the rest of the family to be able to use. my wife does not want to be opening 4 or 5 programs to do the same job as one did before.. lol

9. zfactor

tried it and it was okay but lacks a lot of options imo.. overall a really good basic program.

10. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

And to muddy the waters a bit more:
    Poikosoft's Easy CD-DA Extractor.
    Does everything I need. Free upgrades for life. <10Mb. Active forum.
    (I have Nero installed but i never use it.)
    What they say:
    Easy CD-DA Extractor aka "Swiss Army Knife Of Digital Audio" is ALL-IN-ONE software that copies Audio CDs, converts audio files from one format to another, edits metadata of audio files and can burn Audio CD, MP3 CD & DVD, and Data CD & DVD. Supports all popular audio file formats such as MP3, M4A (iTunes, iPod), WMA, AAC, aacPlus, and FLAC.
    I believe Easy CD-DA Extractor lets you rename files.

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I tried Prassi ONES once and it was nice. Im a bit concerned if it still gets updates though.
    Have you already posted at MSFN? It would be nice to know what the problem could be.

12. zfactor

but will it write the title text to the discs when burning so it shows on the display of the cd player its being used in??

13. WSFuser

It should; the website says it supports CD Text.

14. zfactor

hmm i missed that ill look at it again..

15. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

There is an option when burning to enter "Album Artist" & "Album Title", however none of my CD players can read/display this info, so I cannot test/verify here.

Attached Files:

16. zfactor

sweet ill check it out but wait does it support vista? is that related to gear pro?

17. WSFuser

Yes it works in Vista. And make sure to let us know if it works for you.

18. zfactor

hmm i see it can burn from iso and img discs but can it make a bootable cd/dvd?

19. zfactor

does ones do everything i am looking for? just curious from users.. im willing to try a few but dont want to install it if it lacks something i want..

20. zfactor

and will padus discjuggler run under vista i dont see it anywhere on there web site. it doesnt look they they have updated in a loooong time?

21. zfactor

wow gear pro has some feature list:

The main features
    Powerful Multi-Tasking

* Record to two or more drives at the same time.
    * Add DVD burners to your PC, use your PC as a disc duplicator.
    * Easy Disc Copy button, with ability to copy from any CD or DVD drive to any burner.
    * Copy one to many using multiple burners!
    * Copy discs perfectly, even with only one drive.
    * Work on a new project while you burn CDs and DVDs.

Support for the Latest Formats

* Burn DVD-9 titles to Double Layer (DL) recordable media. GEAR PRO gives you total, accurate control over the layer break setting for optimal disc layout and reliable playability.
    * Accurate import of any authored DVD-Video title.
    * Add ROM content to DVD-Video titles.
    * Master high definition WMV-HD titles!
    * Create bootable CDs or DVDs.
    * CD-Text creation and editing.
    * Creating large CD-ROM or DVD-ROM titles? New "offline formatting" creates disc file systems optimized for indexing disc projects containing large numbers of files. GEAR's standard virtual formatting is also available, optimizing the file system for fast individual file access.
    * Support for recording files larger than 4 GB (with UDF only).

Easy to Use

* Easy audio ripping! Rip CD audio tracks to .wav, .mp3, .wma, .ogg, or MPEG audio. Rip the entire disc, or selected tracks. Control bitrate, bit depth.
    * Automatic CD-Audio artist and track title identification using FreeDB.
    * CD-ROM data formatting for CD-R(W) media, with the choice to format into ISO 9660, CD-ROM XA or CD-ROM ISO/UDF hybrid format (OSTA UDF compliant), and Mixed Mode.
    * DVD-ROM authoring with complete control over every aspect of the file system, including ISO, ISO/UDF, or pure UDF.
    * UPC-EAN and ISRC codes can be assigned to the audio tracks.
    * Adjust pause between audio tracks.
    * Copy CD+G, CD-text audio CDs.
    * Audio editor allows you to trim, fade, edit, or normalize audio files.
    * Audio CD creation, with the ability to import Wave (.wav) and decode MP3, OGG, WMA, or MPEG audio files.
    * Disc information tool shows detailed format, volume, session, and track information for any CD or DVD.
    * Easily add files and directories to your CD or DVD... just drag and drop. Choose to back up all files, or only files that have changed since the last backup.
    * ... and many other features

i dont know of a single person who uses or have used it though.. and its expensive...

22. WSFuser

ONES does support CD Text but I dont know about bootable CD/DVD.

BTW if GEAR PRO is too expensive, why not try GEAR DVD?

23. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Supported operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP (x86 and x64), Windows 2003, and Windows Vista (x86 and x64)
    Dunno. Poikosoft (strange name!) has been around for a while.
    They're out of Helsinki.
    Apparently Easy CD-DA Extractor was the first ever program that could copy an audio CD into the MP3 format.

Oh yes, and they even offer tips on how to copy copy-protected discs! (shhhhh!)

24. zfactor

cd-da extractor is pretty decent. it does what its supposed to and does it very well. burned a number of discs to try it out and they all burned fine. it doesnt have many options for things though. its kind of a click and go type program. if this had all the settings of nero or roxio for burning imo it would be a killer program...

i may end up with this one but ill have to try a couple more i think

25. zfactor

oront burning kit is pretty nice again not many options though..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.