Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by RCGuy, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I'll let the screen shot speak for itself, but sometimes I can't get Sandboxie to start and this bizarre error message related to my Avast anti-virus comes up.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Hi,are you using the Avast! 6 ?If yes,you have to choose to uninstall Sanboxie or disable Avast's AutoSandbox feature.Besides,are you using Avast! Free,Pro or Internet Security?As I can see you are using version 5 but this issue should only happen when you are using Avast! version 5 Pro and Internet Security because both versions have Sandbox feature.Anyway,did you sandboxed your browser with Avast! sandbox?Not sure what is the culprit.I would like to recommend you to post your issue at here:http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, it's Avast Free, but actually, I just checked their website and I am using Avast Free Antivirus 6. It was just automatically updated a day or two ago.

But yes, you are right. The free version doesn't have the sandbox feature, therefore, I did not sandbox my browser with Avast! sandox.

Also, that's a good idea to post at Avast's forum, but not tonight. ;)

4. yongsua

If you are using Avast! 6 Free,then probably Autosandbox feature is the culprit.Did you get any pop up before with Avast! when you open your Internet Explorer and it asked you whether to run your IE in the Sandbox or not.

5. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Anyway, the autosandbox from Avast 6 Free can easily be disabled in the settings.

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Well, actually, they must have just added the Autosandbox to Avast! 6 becasue the other day I did get some sort of message saying that my Avast Sandbox was running. However, I forgot exactly what it was pertaining to.

Also, I ususally get that bizarre looking error message in my original post when I'm running IE unsandboxed when I'm using internet radio.(Someone had suggested that I do so because of all of the accumulationg files.) And then when I try to open up a browser window sandoxed, I get the error message, which happened earlier today.

But it must be because of my low RAM because at one time I was able to open up a sandboxed browser Window while I had an unsandboxed broswer Window opened.

7. yongsua

Did you report your problem to Avast! forum as I mentioned in my previous post?

8. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Just did so today...a few minutes ago. lol :D

9. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

Hmm, I believe this might be related to Avast! 6 Site Advisor plug-in, try uninstalling/removing it from your IE browser (the settings of which are located in avast), and run IE again to check if SandboxIE still throws an error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.