Has anyone actually got TI9 or 10 to work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nic'd, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nic'd

nic'd Registered Member

I mean really work. Obviously Acronis covers their and states explicitly that their product may or may not be anything more than a pretty splash screen
    with radio buttons. So if you are NOT A GEEK OR A GURU and you
    have installed Acronis True Image 9or10, followed the wizards and then later actually restored an image from the "secure zone" and had less than 100 errors
    in the log let's hear about it.

My experience is this: harddrive failed>bought TI9 followed the prompts>backed up to "secure zone" and cd>system crashed>found and fixed the reason for the crash and hdd failure>tried to install from secure zone>corrupted image>tried to install from the cd>password protected that I was careful not to use>reinstalled
    everything from scratch moving setting up "My Documents" on a separate partition>bought two external harddrives for files backup>reinstalled Acronis>read the help files and pdf files> made backup both to secure zone and cd> forced a crash> tried to reinstall from backups> failed> reinstalled from scratch> bought Acronis True Image 10> Installed>backed up>forced a crash> both secure zone image and cd image failed. I think that Acronis is a fraud and like hemroid surgery everyone that has bought Acronis is to embarrassed to admit to the fraud.

So if you are just a regular user of a computer which means you have a life beside this phu_ing thing, and you've had occasion to actually use the Acronis back up programs and they've worked without an hundred hours of tweaking, fiddling and phu***g around I would like to hear about it.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes. In fact, I think the preponderant majority of users get it to work.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Sorry you are having trouble BUT I have been using Acronis since version 6 and would not hesitate to say that it is one of the most important programs I have ever owned. I use it daily and it has saved me countless hours of grief.

I'm only guessing but perhaps your problem is that your harddrive failed before you bought and used TI9 ? Acronis is only able to make an image of what it sees so will happily image errors.

As you have already paid for the product and if you want to benefit from the problems you have experienced I would suggest that when you have a working system you try again. Don't let your understandable current negative
    attitude prevent you from benefiting from a great program.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Works fine for me also. But if you are serious about protecting against hard drive failure, forget the secure zone, and get an external drive.

Pete

5. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I don't own TI 10.0 but I've successfully imaged weekly with TI 8 & 9 for several years and restored (guessing) probably 25 times. I'm confident enough that I'll knowingly image and then experiment in ways that I'm betting will cause trouble. The restore has never failed (knock on wood) but my hardware is a couple of years old. People with brand new hardware will often have issues till Acronis works out the bugs.

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you feed garbage into an Acronis Backup image it will faithfully reproduce this garbage when it is restored. Indeed it would be a disaster if it did anything else.

So do what you have to and repair/reinstall or whatever else is needed to put your system in order. Then you will be in a position to use True image to keep it in pristine order.

Xpilot

7. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

Of course it works. Google it, do your research, and you'll see that by and large, Acronis TI continues to receive excellent reviews from both the "experts" and users. If it doesn't work for you, then there is a reason for that and you'll have to pinpoint the root cause.

8. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

I have bought & used TI versions 6,7, & 10. I have always stored my image files on a 2nd hd. Either a 2nd IDE, a 2nd sata drive or an external USB hd(*), and later burned the images to either cdr or dvd media. I've created images and stored them on a mapped network drive. Never ran into problems that I could not figure out a solution or a work-around.
    Never dabbled with the secure zone as I like to get my tib file(s) separate from the actual pc.
    This software has saved my butt enough times to make it a 'must have' utility. I am very impressed in the changes going from ver 7 to ver 10.

(*) an IDE in a USB box, not a usb flash drive.

9. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I have Acronis TI 9, and I use it regularly without any "tweaking, fiddling and phu..."; in fact I wouldn't know how to tweak and fiddle it - I just follow the wizards for whatever I want to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.