Has anybody tryed Safe 'n Sec w/antivirus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tec505, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Is it affordable?
    Is it comparable to Firewall + AV (BD i.e.)?

Thanks.
    Mike

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it seem like a decent program. If you get the version with and AV you will still need some type of firewall with inbound protection. Safe’n’Sec will notify you when programs want outbound access, so I think it would be fine to use with the windows firewall.

Safe’n’Sec with AV will allow you to scan your entire drive with either the Bitdefender engine or the Dr.Web one (depending on which version you get). Also, Safe’n’Sec allows you to scan individual files/folders via the context menu (right click), if I remember correctly. I guess it does provide some type real-time AV scanning protection, but not like the typical anti-virus. If a program/file triggers the HIPS portion of Safe’n’Sec and it isn’t sure if the program/file is safe, the AV engine will kick in and scan it. One thing that I didn’t like about the AV scanner is missing option to quarantine files. I believe the only options available were to ignore, cure, and delete.

I didn't purchase it since I already have and AV and HIPS to use at my disposal, but like I said it seemed like a nice program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.