Hardware ISR?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chris12923, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Yes, I am using that site. When I try to email them from their form, their server crashes. When I try to download the drivers and software, it asks for a username and password, which I was never given. I sent them an email from Outlook and gave them my serial number and asked for a username and password. If I get a reply, I will let you know.

Silver

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

So you don't remember the advantage or disadvantage but you know you like FDISR better? Not sure I understand how you can like something better when you cant remember what you didn't like or liked about the other product but OK thanks for the input anyway.

Thanks,

Chris

3. Chris12923

You ever try to call them?

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Guys,
    After a first read, I have the impression, that Radix Protector = RadixReload = RollbackRx with of course differences, but the concept seems to be the same and it also works with point-in-time snapshots.

My guess is that you better start learning RollbackRx first, to get an idea of Radix Protector.
    I'm not used to work with point-in-time snapshots, so RollbackRx would be a good preparation for me.
    I'm going to read the manual again, but I have to print it first.

5. silver0066

No, not since 2005. In addition, I just got an email back stating that my email to support@radixamerica.com was not deliverable.

Silver

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Sliver

Which hardware did you have, the USB or PCI, or was it just software then.

Pete

7. silver0066

My memory is not that good. It was 3 years ago. At that time I switched to ShadowUser because after testing both, I determined that ShadowUser was better. I later switched to First Defense as I determined that FD-ISR was better for me than ShadowUser. I had forgotten all about Radix until I saw it mentioned in this thread.

8. silver0066

I have the MLP USB hardware key.

9. silver0066

I am sure that radixamerica.com is no longer working. I remember that in 2005, they were located in Israel. I did a Google search and found a working site at http://www.radix-int.com/ I was able to get new drivers from this site.

Their contact information is:

Radix Technologies Ltd.
    General inquiries
    Email: info@radix-int.com
    Tel: +972-3-9606350
    Fax: +972-3-9607104

Sales
    Email: sales@radix-int.com

Support
    Email: support@radix-int.com

Silver

10. Peter2150

Fascinating. That site only really talks about Radix Reload Professional. This product is an old friend we know as Rollback/Eaz-Fix

Pete

11. ErikAlbert

The rather ugly GUI of Radix Protector (RP) is totally different than Radix Reload , but that's not what is bothering me.
    I think that RP uses the same snapshot technology as RollbackRx (RB)
    We all know that RB had troubles in the past and they seems to be fixed in v8.1.
    I wonder if RP received the same corrections as RB considering the price of RP.

12. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Silver

Possibly these comments arent applicable any more, as you cant remember the exact details.

In any case ,you would have to assume the current version would be improved over yours.

I wouldnt be buying the USB version,which as you say,may get lost or even break as its manipulated often-rather the internal card,which would be very easy to fit,assuming there was a spare PC1 slot-some motherboards have few of these.

Cards should have an excellent life span,in my experience of more than 10 years of building my own computers,only had one failure with 4 different classes-which was a graphics card after about 4 years,but it gave advance warning.

Usually the cards which become the hottest and have the highest voltage passing through suffer first-ie graphics.

Cant imagine the Radix card would become very hot or even warm and what happens is that if this type of card is potentially faulty, it will breakdown well within the warranty period

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  13. Hairy Coo

ErikAlbert,

In all fairness to Radix,dont you think its a bit early to assume its at all similar to RBx or if it is,that its going to have similar characteristics.

The fact that there is hardware,obviously means something different is going on,for a start.

This is said because there is a certain dislike about RBx here,(but lets not get into that!),which could write this product off at Wilders before its given a fair chance.

14. Hairy Coo

a couple of off the cuff questions;

Can the images be stored on another disk than C.

Is it possible to defrag C whilst Radix is active

Is it possible to use another imager like SP or TI,whilst Radix is active

Can Radix be disabled rather than uninstalled.

Can a motherboard slot other than PC1 be used(is there a PC1e model)

If the card stops working,will the computer start without any BIOS adjustments

What is the date of the last revision to Radix
    Thanks Hairy

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  15. Peter2150

Without getting into likes and dislikes, the description of Radix Loader, is pure software, and the GUI is exactly like that of Rollback save the name difference. Thats what was on the link Silver posted.

Pete

16. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

But still on version 8 not 8.1 and hasen't been updated for awhile if going by the site that Silver posted.

17. ErikAlbert

18. Hairy Coo

Pete,

Silvers site only has this RB clone ,Loader and it could well be Radix has a franchise or whatever locally only,as the Loader isnt on the US site.Silvers site seems irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned and for me the US site works perfectly

My point is,that the products under discussion are hardware /software based,which obviously couldnt be using the same software as a software only application,therefore until properly tested its a bit premature to compare them with Rollback or Loader in any way

Video showing the GUi also HERE
    The GUI of the hardware products we are discussing have no similarity whatsover with RBx

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  19. Hairy Coo

Chris,

Another important question please is the hardware product software similar in its characteristics or based on Rollback.?

20. silver0066

I stand corrected. I was using Firefox and the video on the U.S. site did not work until I opened the link with IE. However, I still can't send them an email or get the drivers without entering a username and password, which they never gave me. I tried to send them an email from Outlook, and it was non deliverable, thus making me think that the site was inoperable. The Radix Protector USB MLP does NOT work the same as Rollback. It appears that they have increased the price since I purchased it from $119 to $149.

I have attached a picture of the Quick Install Guide that I received.

Silver

Attached Files:

21. Chris12923

Looks like bad news?? If you look at the picture that silver attached where it says restoring to a selected point it says you can not restore to a higher point. It says for example you can't restore point 5 after you have restored point 4... This sounds like it would not be useful. Sound like that to you guys?

Thanks,

Chris

22. Peter2150

I agree. I would also note your are spoiled by the flexibility of Rolback.:D

23. Chris12923

I will be calling them at 0900. I'll post back to let you know the answers to the questions. Hopefully I will have good news. if not back to Rollback or FDISR.

Thanks,

Chris

24. Peter2150

Chris, when you post back, I am curious, what real advantage you see in this.

Pete

25. Chris12923

Well to tell you the truth FDISR has been discontinued and Rollback works for me but I'm really just in the mood for something new and cutting edge. Something that protects the bios,cmos and all the ordinary stuff could be better than the existing software products. Not by much maybe but a little. Plus it seems it would be faster since it's controled by hardware I would think and not have hardly any impact on the system with running processes not that that I notice any slowdown now to be honest. I guess what I am trying to say is it would just be something different I guess. :)

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.