Hardware incompatible camera

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

2 laser printers and mustek scanner are working after some work.But my camera Kodak easy share C 663 is listed in the incompatible hardware.So what,this means I am not able to use Kubuntu to transfer my pics from camera to PC.PC even does not recognize it as a usb disk,is there a way to do something?

Now everything except this camera is working on my system.Web cam is working too.

2. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

Use the camera's memory card if your pc has memory card slots. Failing that, has the camera got an option to be recognised as a storage device? I had problems with my missus' camera phone being recognised until I found that option.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  3. cet

cet Registered Member

I have a memory card in my camera.It is a good idea,but I do not have a card reader on my PC.If I did not have wind XP ,I would buy a flash card reader.

4. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Try putting the camera transfer mode to PTP, flash card readers are quite cheap and also conveient way to transfer.

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I have a MediaGear keychain usb drive. I simply open the cover and insert my camera's memory card (xD type). Then just plug it in to a usb port and transfer.
    I think I paid less than US $ 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.