Hardware firewall & Router advice

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wolf_xl, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf_xl

wolf_xl Registered Member

Hi I'm looking for a hardware firewall with a built in wireless router. I do alot of online gaming and P2P (bittorrent) So I need somthing that wont run out of memory and start dropping connections when the firewall features are turned on.

I currently have a Buffalo WBR-G54 router which has served me well. But recenlty I've been having alot of signal dropouts and massive network slowdowns especially when I'm using bitorrent which I didn't have before (well not to this extent)

Any advice is appreciated :)

*EDIT*
    As a bonus feature I’d love to be able to prioritise usage over the network so that web surfers have greater priority to bandwidth over Online gaming and online gaming will have priority over bittorrent. This was I can leave my bittorrent client always on with affecting other users usage.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Below is a recent thread that has some member recommendations.

This thread---> Which Router??

3. Arup

Arup Guest

4. isnogood

isnogood Registered Member

Or the new Zyxel X-550, based on the same Ubicom chip, featuring efficient QoS and allowing up to 16000 NAT sessions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.