Hardware Compatibility List - Supported Hardware??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tgregersen, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgregersen

tgregersen Registered Member

Were can I find a list of the Hardware that Acronis True Image supports?
    I've had two servers lock-up when trying to take an image with TI. Both servers were using the Adaptec 1210SA SATA RAID controller. After the the lock-up the servers had to be hard rebooted and the RAID array started the rebuild process. It would be nice to know about these things before hand.
    Also I'm trying to find a USB-2.0 PCI card that will work with TI. So far I've tried cards using the ALI and VIA chipsets, neither one works with the latest TI build.

TIA

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tgregersen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I can only give you the following information:
    When Acronis True Image is running under Windows, then it works with all the hard disk drives detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then the following RAID controllers are supported:

- P-ATA (IDE) RAID controllers (Promise, Highpoint)
    - Most of SCSI RAID controllers (Adaptec, Dell, LSI and others)
    - SATA RAID controllers (Highpoint, Intel, Promise, Silicon Image, VIA)

Some other RAID controllers may be supported as well, although we have not tested them yet, and the others will be supported with the future updates.

Could you please clarify your problem when you try to create an image? Did you boot from Acronis Bootable CD? Does Acronis program create an image?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. tgregersen

tgregersen Registered Member

We're using TI Enterprise build 1148, the lockups occur when connecting through the Remote Management Console and TI begins analyzing the disks. At that point TI will cause the server to hang. A hard reboot is needed and then rebuild/verify of the RAID array. This happend on two identical machines.
    Creating an image from the Bootable CD works OK.

Also do you know which USB 2.0 chipsets are currently supported when using the Acronis Bootable CD?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tgregersen,

Could you please create Acronis Report (on PC where Acronis True Image Agent is installed) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Acronis program supports all the USB 2.0 chipsets. If you have the problem with USB 2.0, please describe you problem we will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.