Hard Time for New User

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom461, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom461

Tom461 Registered Member

The backup just stays in Queued. The Start button does not do anything. I tried Schedule Once in a couple of minutes, but nothing happened when the two minutes passed. I even had a computer repair shop go thru the program with me, showing me the controls. The Acronis install disk was recently bought retail, and I can't seem to find how to update the program online or even where the About is for the 'build' (version?). I look for new purchaser support but can find nothing but an offer for fee support. Maybe I'm missing a lot here. Can someone help? The WD external hard disk is recognized by the computer.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I agree ... the latest version of Acronis True Image (ver 2009) has too many "bells and whistles" which confuse the new user. I'm not sure where you're seeing a Start button.

For the build, you have to hit the Alt key and the Help menu will appear up above.

My suggestion is to make the bootable media cd, boot with it and use it to make your first backups. When you get familiar with the program then try some scheduled backups.

For more beginner information, look for any message by GroverH and in his signature are links to easy-to-understand guides that he wrote.

3. Tom461

Tom461 Registered Member

Thanks. I see the Start button along the top when I select an existing task, and I also see a Start command when I right click on a task. What really has me puzzled is just determining the build (new, retail store, ATIH 2009) from the program's Help, which I can make appear only by clicking on Help in the upper left of the Home window. I cannot find any About section or command anywhere.

4. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.