Hard Drive Specs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, i was just wondering is there anyway i can find out the specs of the hard drives i currently have installed without physically removing the drives to see the labels.

I am curious if the two drives i have installed are 7200 Rpm and 8 meg buffer or not.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The only way I know of is to see the model number...whats yours? If you dunno..

1)Right click 'My Computer'
    2)Click 'Properties'
    3)Click 'Hardware'
    4)Click 'Device Manager'
    5)Work your way through the tree to find out modelname of hard disk

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you have belarc advisor installed it will tell you about everything on your comp. it gives a pretty good account of everything and it is a free program you can get it here

bigc

4. `mishimasan`

`mishimasan` Registered Member

The way that I do it is just like Firecat:

Right click on My Computer (either in the Start Menu or on the Desktop if you have the shortcut present) > Select properties > Click on Hardware tab > Select Device Manager > Then open the sub-tree "Disk drives" > Double-click on the drive you wish to view.

Most of the information about the drive will be contained in the hardware profiling. If you aren't impressed, then take the model no. of the drive (found in the hardware profiling you just opened) and copy it into a search engine, then try to find the best information link.

I tried Belarc Advisor and it was a nice way to show the information - although I feel that if not properly configured, it may not show the correct info. I had some problems so in my opinion, I think the best way to check is as I have mentioned above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.