Hard drive rendered unbootable

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by cd216513, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cd216513

cd216513 Registered Member

I wanted to see if anyone knows what to do if the Partition Manager causes the source drive (and therefore also the copy) unbootable. I was trying to copy the data from an original hard drive to a new, larger drive for more space. I started the Partition Manager in Windows, so it needed to reboot to make the copy. After the copy was done, I tried to boot up with the original disk drive, but it blue screens right after the Windows Vista black loading screen. The blue screen disappears too fast to read anything off it. The new drive behaves exactly the same way. When I run startup repair for Windows Vista, the Startup Repair box either disappears after about 5 seconds, or displays the memory error"The instruction at 0x76e15844 referenced memory at 0x0035ffff. The memory could not be read.", and the startup never actually gets repaired. I tried Paragon's boot repair tools, but they don't seem to help either. Any ideas? I was doing this for my sister's laptop, which she needs back soon, but the laptop won't boot at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.