Hard Drive Free space possible bug

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Uncle Ben, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

This is nothing major, but I think there is a bug with this function. When I invoked the System Clean Up, which include a DoD 5022 free space wipe of the boot drive, the timeline for the job progression started normally, with the top line showing the progress of the first step, and the second line showing the overall Total Progress for all 10 steps included in the System CleanUp that I configured.

The total line, from the beginning of the clean up operation, at the start of the job, showed 1 min. and a few seconds - Bug #1, because for sure a 3-pass wipe out on 150gigs of free space on Drive C would take quite a bit of time. Then, the timeline for both Step 3 (i.e., Drive C free space wipe) and the total job changed to seconds and increased the second count by about 1 second every minute.

The long and short of it - while the job progression green timelines, for both the current operation and the total job, are graphically correct, the total time remaining for the total job execution is incorrect.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.