Hard drive doubled in size after each backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gospel Grunt, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gospel Grunt

Gospel Grunt Registered Member

Couldn't find any info on this anywhere so here it goes. I purchased true image today and backed up my hard drive to the same hard drive in order to copy it to DVDs and then delete the 13GB's of files off of my computer. The 4 files it made were larger than I chose them to be and wouldn't fit onto a DVD so I deleted them and backed up again making the files smaller so they would fit on a 4.7 GB DVD disk. All seemed to work fine but the second time instead of having 13GB to backup I had 30GB to back up, and now my 80GB hard drive which only 13GB was being used in now almost completely full. I tried norton clean sweep, disk defrag, disk doctor, all without success. I also am unable to find these large files anywhere in my "C" drive which is where they should be. I am running windows XP, and I use Norton Go Back. Hope someone can help.
    Thank You for your time :)
    Greg

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Gospel Grunt

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

I do not have Norton but have read of this problem before.

The file you deleted are being protected by Norton just in case you wish to restore them so are still on your HDD but invisible.

Please check something called Norton's Protected Recycle Bin [or similar name] and empty it?, I think that could be your problem.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Gospel Grunt

Gospel Grunt Registered Member

Thank you for the fast reply. Though my recycle bin on the desktop showed it was empty, when I opened it all the deleted files were there. I deleted them and my hard drive is back to normal :D . Thanks again!!
    Greg

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Gospel Grunt

Glad to be of some sort of help to you Greg. :doubt:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.