HARD DRIVE BACKUP ADVICE

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by GaryS2020, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryS2020

GaryS2020 Registered Member

:mad: I bought an 80 GB Iomega External USB Hard Drive with BackUp Pro, and it seemed to be working perfectly.

But when my computer had problems:
    1 - I could not boot from the Iomega (gets stuck at choose language option)
    2 - I tried to restore files to a new computer, but it could not 'see' any data on the Iomega, unless I went after my files (5000 photos...) 1 at a time, since all files have been change to .IAB format (with all the file names lost....).

My questions:
    Do others have much better experiences with Iomega? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Is there a better option that maintains the file formats and that enables a relatively easy restore if your computer gets hacked?

G

2. chx

chx Registered Member

hi there. I suggest that u check ypur file system if its ntfs or fat32. That maybe the cause of your hard disk problem..

3. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders GaryS2020.

Don't do anything drastic with the data on your backup. It may be just a problem getting at the data, but the data may still be there waiting to be recovered.

I am not familiar with your specific Iomega backup drive.
    So the best thing to do would be to call Iomega tech support or email them or go to their support forums.

In the past when I used Jaz disks for backup, I was disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.