Hard Disk Manager Suite 2009 Out

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by huntnyc, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I am seeing HDM Suite 2009 on Paragon site now. Has anyone downloaded and tried it out yet or bought it? What are your thoughts on it and thanks.

Gary

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I tried out the demo last year but it lacked a "boot corrector" (essential for those backing/restoring windows xp) and that was a deal breaker for me. From looking at the website, this new version also doesn't seem to have a "boot corrector".

I have paragon partition manager 9.0 and it works great and it also has a recovery cd with a "boot corrector" to me that is a better value and cost less. It doesn't do image backups/restores but there are free softwares that can do that. There's also free software available that can do partitioning. But I have yet to find any free software that can do what a "boot corrector" can do.

3. huntnyc

4. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I am using The free "express" edition. It works as advertized, but is rather limited. I already created a new partition and resized the one next to it.
    It isn't much better than Vista's built-in disk management facility, but it did let me make the partition smaller than Vista would let me.

5. guest

guest Guest

i think its expensive (pro vers.)
    Home version is cripped
    Home version has not incremental backup function, vistaPE based boot cd

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
  6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

7. guest

guest Guest

8. huntnyc

Tried this new version and it was 3 times slower imaging inside of Vista 32 bit compared to ShadowProtect doing the same C drive. Was not pleased with that slowness - knew that it was slower but this gap is significant to me.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.