Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 insatllation problem

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by FreeStuffGuy916, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeStuffGuy916

FreeStuffGuy916 Registered Member

I'm a new user to Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 and didn't find anything in the knowledge base regarding my issue.

I have a bit on a strange installation issue.

I installed HDM 12 on a failing drive hoping to be able to back it up. The drive was failing too badly to be recoverable so I uninstalled it. I removed the drive and restored it onto a new 2TB drive from an older backup made by another product. I tried installing HDM on the new drive but when I run the install it says invalid drive E:\ and won't go forward. I don't know why the installation program is looking for a drive E: when there was no drive E: installed the first time I installed it on the failing drive.

I installed the failed drive into a SATA to USB housing and plugged it into a USB port and it came up as drive E:

I tried the installation again with drive E: (the original failing drive) plugged in and the installation started and appeared to be constantly accessing the USB drive for some reason; nothing else was accessing drive E:. I tried cancelling the installation and the installation program never quit. It's been more than 30 minutes since I pressed cancel and the program is still hung. I'll have to reboot to clear the hung installation.

How to do I reset the entire installation so I can install HDM on my new drive? Is it a simple matter of deleting the Paragon Software entries in the registry and removing the Paragon Software folders in C:\Program Files\Paragon Software?

I submitted a support request but I thought I would try the forums as well.

I appreciate any help.

Bill

Update:

After rebooting again after the last hung installation I tried installing again and I got prompted again invalid drive E: The operation was cancelled by the program. I plugged in my new blank backup drive which came up as drive E:. I tried installing again and the installation proceeded quickly and the product was installed successfully as far as I can tell. The program seems to be working properly.

My question is still why is drive E: required for installation?

Bill

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.