Hard Disk Manager restore I/O error

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by AubertE, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AubertE

AubertE Registered Member

Using Hard Disk Manager 2009 Professional for the first time.
    I have proceeded to partition backup to DVD wich created 4 DVD

For Restore process I boot on first DVD an select Normal mode and start restore operation to a target partition D:\
    the process started but after treating the last file of the first DVD it was never asked to load next DVD instead I've got the following message
    ERROR
    I/O error of file
    and ask me to terminate

I tried to restore using the Rescue Win PE CD to process to the restore operation and at the end of the first arcive DVD I've got the same
    I/O error of file clicking on more option button
    i can see
    Error Source Hard Disk Manager
    error code 0x1001b

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello AubertE,

We definitely first want to rule out if the backup was burnt incorrectly due to various reasons. Run an archive integrity check of your archive from the Advanced Hard Disk Manager window. If you are in the smaller window, select > Advanced Options > HDM 2009 Professional Edition.

In the full scale launcher, open the "Archives" tab, notice if your archive is listed, you can perform an integrity check by right-clicking the item. If your archive is not listed, click the add existing archive and locate the .PBF file on your first dvd.

In the off chance that your DVD's are bad copies. I would suggest running another complete backup first to your local hard drive. Enable the image splitting to the estimated size of your DVDs and manually burn each file to the DVDs after the backup has completed. This we break down the steps and ensure that before we burn to DVD, we have a good backup.

Image splitting is found under Tools > Settings. You can choose to mount the archive before you burn to DVD and browse into your files and sample the data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.