Hard Disk Manager 8.5 will not uninstall

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by arthurb, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthurb

arthurb Registered Member

I installed the HDMv8.5 above from a magazine disk, just to see what it offered compared to other paragon packages - just wanted a quick look and then uninstall. Unfortunately the install gave a couple of error messages about overwriting a component (driver?) which was a later version (I have B & R free v10 installed), and then the install would not close/end - it could not be closed and had to be killed to allow me to shut down. Now I cannot uninstall the product. OK, perhaps I should not have tried to look at an old version, but I really was not expecting this problem.

Has anyone got any ideas about how to uninstall this?

2. arthurb

arthurb Registered Member

OK panic over - although it didn't look pretty for a while...

I uninstalled the other Paragon products/trials, and then turned to Revo Uninstaller. Stepped through with that, clearing everything it could find about HDMv8.5; then wiped out the program files folder, and then re-installed B & R Free v10 (the only thing I really wanted to keep for a while). Everything seems fine now - Revo did a good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.