Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite-Questions

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by JohnB777, Nov 11, 2013.

1. JohnB777

JohnB777 Registered Member

Hello,

A friend had reccomended I take a look at Paragon's Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite, I will be replacing my computers MOBO and CPU and am using Win7, I wanrt to be able to keep all my programs and files but they say it may or may not work and if it does it may not be "stable". So I want to be on the safe side and back up them all. But the problem is the things I need to backup arnen't files, my programs are more important to me. I run many programs such as Sony Vegas, but the most important one for me is my Flight Simulator. I once had to reinstall my HD and it took me months to get everything back in, because I have so many addons and files for Flight Simulator. My main question is, can Paragon keep my files and programs safe and be able to reinstall them as they were normally. can it actually move everything from PC to PC without actually interfereing with the Program? Flight Sim has many files and external programs I use to run it and they all must be safe WITHOUT changing/altering the files and programs themselves. All I need is for everything to run normally after the new MOBO and CPU.

Regards,
    John

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

3. JohnB777

But that article is about a new computer, I'm going to a new CPU and MOBO. It also has nothing about back up, it is about booting the system and hoping for the best.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Attached Files:

5. JohnB777

But it only works if you are able to boot your PC doesn't it. What if as soon as I open it it says reinstall windows? I still can't understand how it works and I've read all the tutorials.

6. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

It would appear that you didn't perform the operation correctly, the software will allow you to restore the entire operating as a whole, not just documents, not just programs, I would recommend restarting from scratch, creating the backup of your system, restoring the entire image, and then performing the P2P adjust.

7. JohnB777

I didn't even start in the first place, i haven't bought Paragon or my new Hardware yet, I'm just planning and need to ensure my programs will be safe.

8. Paragon_Chris

Paragon_Chris Paragon Moderator

The P2P Adjust OS feature will inject drivers into Windows based on the hardware present when booting into the recovery media. The drivers injected will allow you to boot into Windows without receiving a BSOD driver errror. In some circumstances Windows may detect a large hardware change and require additional steps for its licensing and anti-piracy policies.

We also recommend that once you've successfully booted into Windows that you review your Device Manager to verify their are no hardware or driver conflicts and resolve accordingly. The P2P Adjust OS is only injecting the drivers needed for a successful boot up, some hardware that is not used for booting may not have the correct drivers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.