Happy with TI9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rico, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi,

I made my full image/backup while PC-cillin 2005 was my AV, the incremental backups to it. Now I've upgraded to PC-cillin 2006, should I make a new Full backup, with the new AV? Or can I just keep making incremental backups?

If I should make a new full backup, how do you delete all references to the old backup, so when launching TI9 the old full backup, does not show up in TI9? I backup to an external HD. Would I just delete all the old increments & the full?

Thanks
    rico

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

As your doing incrementals, I would just delete all files that you made before and after the install of the new AV program and start fresh. If you leave any backup files that have references to the old edition of any software mixed in with the new, you will have conflicts with your registry entries and problems will occur.

Just delete all old backups and start a new set.

...Allen

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rico,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, you can do both:

- Create a new set of images;

- Continue creating incremental backups.

Using the second approach will not cause any conflicts or errors. Moreover, you will be able to revert to the state when the new version of your antivirus software has not been installed yet. Actually, this is the main purpose of Acronis True Image and especially incremental backups, since this approach allows you to "undo" changes that caused some damage to your system (e.g. installation of the new version of antivirus software).

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I think with build 2302, problems have come down quite a bit. This is healthy.
    I would like to know if the user guide is in any way different from the help files available .

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

The help file is a concise description of Acronis program. To get full information about our program we recommend you to read the User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.